Welcome to Journey Jots #3!
In each weekly recap, I’ll share some of my most recent posts, favorite finds or things I’m currently shopping for, and an assemblage of home decor tips and decorating ideas from other bloggers. Settle in and join me for Journey Jots #3!
Journey Jots #3
Hello, guys! Happy Sunday!
How is November going for you?! Are you starting to get in the Christmas spirit? I’ve been getting everything ready the past few weeks and have been able to buy some new decor items with all of the incredible sales going on right now!
This is currently the pile that’s sitting underneath my desk…this happens to me every season change as I acquire new things but don’t have a place to put it all yet. Anyone else have this problem??
Also, November 1st is the day that I start playing Christmas music so that’s all you will hear in our house from now until New Years Day 🙂 What’s your favorite Christmas music or album that you just have to listen to on repeat? Mine is Mannheim Steamroller! Let me know yours in the comments.
You guys. You may not believe me, but a few days ago, I went to a shopping mall for the first time since 2019. Isn’t that crazy?! Ever since getting into antique shopping and thrifting, then the pandemic hit, I just haven’t had the urge to go to a large mall.
And let me tell you…if you haven’t been to a mall in awhile, you are not missing much. It looks the same and smells the same, like it came straight out of the 90’s. The Christmas decorations were really pretty, though! There was this magnificent Poinsettia chandelier that was so neat! Do you go to malls anymore?
We have officially entered cozy season here in the Northland. We’ve been stocking up on firewood because having fires in the fireplace is our favorite thing to do in the Winter. Tilly loves them. Ever since we got her as a puppy she plops herself in front of the hearth, grabbing all the heat she can get!
Lastly, I’ve been a busy bee the past few weeks pouring and scenting The Antiqued Journey Christmas candle collection. Here’s a behind-the-scenes look at what goes into creating them!
Each one is hand made out of my kitchen using only the items you see here. I truly love making them. It’s become a favorite hobby, especially during the Winter months.
My sweet hubby also helps with them by creating the labels for the jars. His artistic talent really shines in the new Christmas labels. I’m so thankful for his help!
Favorite Shopping Finds
- This electric kettle is a kitchen essential in my house.
- I use this dried red foliage for Fall and Christmas decorating.
- My entryway received a major upgrade with this beautiful green braided rug!
- These rustic jingle bells are so pretty to use as ornaments or for crafting.
- Essential oils are a staple in my home and this one smells so good for the season!
- The Christmas baking season is upon us and these cookie cutters are so adorable.
- This is the prettiest Christmas green ribbon! Add it to a garland or gifts.
On the Blog
Last Thursday I shared some eco-friendly gift ideas for the little people in your life. If you need some help jumpstarting your Christmas shopping, this post will help you check off some people on your list. I even have a coupon code that you can use!
If you need some Christmas decorating ideas, this classic red and green Christmas decor post might be helpful for you!
Or, you can check out these ideas for vintage Christmas decor!
Coming Up on The Antiqued Journey
This week I’ll be sharing a super easy and budget-friendly Thanksgiving centerpiece. Then, the coming weeks will be all Christmas!
Also, my Christmas candle collection will be launching THIS Friday! This is, hands down, my most favorite candle collection to date. I’m super proud of them and I hope they will bring joy to your home this holiday season. They go FAST so be sure to keep an eye out!
Be sure to subscribe to my e-mail list to be the first to know about new posts as well as the candle launch.
Home Decorating Ideas from Around the Web
I also found a few amazing home decorating ideas and easy DIY projects from some other creators that I wanted to pass along.
- My friend Melanie shows us a brilliant way of how to hang Christmas tree lights for maximum twinkle!
- Vintage Christmas decor is my favorite type of holiday decor. These ideas on how to decorate with Shiny Brite ornaments are just incredible.
- My friend and fellow Minnesotan Lora shares some amazing ways of decorating with vintage Christmas tree stands.
- If you like a more Victorian themed Christmas, you will love this all-thrifted Christmas decor!
- I stumbled upon this YouTube channel about a month ago and was just awe-struck. This creator of miniature dioramas is insanely talented. You have to see how she makes this miniature Christmas cottage. It will make you completely happy, I promise 🙂
Thank you so much for being here!
Mindful Tip of the Week: Ground yourself in the present by simply noticing the sights or smells that are around you.
I’m wishing you a joyful week ahead.
If you are new here, I’m Rachel, the writer and content creator here at The Antiqued Journey. I’m so happy to have you! I encourage you to stop by the ‘about me’ page to get to know me a little more.
Here on the blog, you will find loads of inspiration for decorating with vintage and antique decor, simple DIY crafts and many thrifting adventures. If that interests you, I invite you to sign up for my e-mail. You will receive a free digital download as a thank you!