Welcome to Journey Jots #8!
In each weekly recap, I’ll share some of my most recent posts, favorite finds or things I’m currently shopping for, and an assemblage of home decor tips and decorating ideas from other bloggers. Settle in and join me for Journey Jots #8!
Journey Jots #8
Hello, guys! Happy Sunday to you!
How are you doing? Hanging in there? Me too. We can do this, you guys!
After all of the balmy weather we’ve had here, it finally feels like December. Tilly likes to cuddle in all of the blankets and use pillows like a human 🙂
We hung out with our niece Molly last week for a few hours. She’s just the best.
We read books, played with crinkle paper, and watched Christmas movies. And look! Her plaid jammies match the pillows! Those baby blue eyes just get me every time.
Tilly loves Molly. Like…she just wants to kiss her face constantly. Tilly even managed to wedge herself between us on the couch to sit by her. It’s the cutest thing ever!
Lastly, we spent time quality time in nature at our favorite river fishing spot. Was it cold? Yes. Would I want to be anywhere else on a Saturday? Nope. I’m learning to push myself out of my comfort zone more often and, I gotta say, it’s very empowering.
Favorite Weekly Shopping Finds
- These dish rags are so soft and such pretty colors!
- Clip these battery candles anywhere for all kinds of Christmas decorating.
- We love homemade pizza and this pizza stone is amazing.
- I have twinkling colored lights on my patio and they make me so happy!
- This long-handled grater is such a handy kitchen tool.
- Olive oil looks so pretty in this glass decanter.
- These tin containers are perfect for storing Christmas cookies!
On the Blog
Last week I shared another Christmas post about decorating with ribbon. It’s a super budget-friendly and easy way to elevate your space for the season!
I also shared my vintage Christmas home tour, filled with thrifted and nostalgic decor. You truly don’t need to buy anything new to decorate your home for the holidays!
Lastly, I shared some thrifty tips for decorating with vintage goods in the latest Thrifted Goodies series.
Coming Up on The Antiqued Journey
This week I’ll be sharing a festive Christmas tablescape using vintage ornaments. Then, come back for the top 10 thrifting posts. Lastly, we’ll round out 2023 with Thrifted Goodies Volume 18!
Lots of super fun content coming your way! Be sure you are subscribed to my e-mail so you are the first to know about new posts and merchandise updates!
Inspiring Content from Around the Web
- This guy GETS ME! His antique shopping video is just amazing but he has lot’s of others, as well.
- This another super fun YouTube creator that I follow! She has neat thrift with me content.
- I came across this song the other day and it’s just giving me goosebumps each time I listen.
- These DIY ornaments are super cheap and easy to make!
- Debra’s homespun kitchen is the epitome of vintage Christmas.
Closing Tidbits for Journey Jots #8
Thank you so much for being here! I love sharing a little bit of my daily life with you.
Mindful Tip of the Week: Allow whatever is showing up for you to rise and fall like waves in the ocean.
If you are new here, I’m Rachel, the writer and content creator here at The Antiqued Journey. I’m so happy to have you! I encourage you to stop by the ‘about me’ page to get to know me a little more.
Here on the blog, you will find loads of inspiration for decorating with vintage and antique decor, simple DIY crafts and many thrifting adventures. If that interests you, I invite you to sign up for my e-mail. You will receive a free digital download as a thank you!